This roast beef with garlic butter recipe is the perfect mix of perfectly seasoned meat and a luscious garlic butter sauce with fresh herbs making it a great recipe for runners .
It does not take more than an hour from start to finish. Full of iron, zinc, protein, and more, it is a great recipe to support your running performance.
Why Center-Cut Beef Tenderloin is An Excellent Choice for Roast Beef with Garlic Butter
Center-cut beef tenderloin, also known as filet mignon, is a cut of meat prized for its tender, juicy, and flavorful taste. It is often considered one of the best cuts of beef due to its lack of fat and sinew.
It has a delicate nature and rich flavor, making it the perfect choice for special occasions, and high-end restaurants often feature it on their menus, and of course, this Roast Beef with Garlic Butter. You can grill, roast, or pan-sear it to perfection, resulting in a mouth-watering experience with every bite.
And because it has a pleasant and mild flavor, it allows for a wide range of seasonings and sauces to be added without overpowering the taste of the beef. It makes center-cut beef tenderloin the perfect choice of meat for the Roast Beef with Garlic Butter we’re about to make!
All the Reasons Red Meat Can Improve Your Running Performance
Roast Beef with Garlic Butter is beneficial for runners for several reasons, including the following:
- Red meat is a rich source of protein, essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, and helps runners recover from training sessions and improve their overall athletic performance.
- Red meat is an excellent source of iron, which is necessary for producing hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that helps carry oxygen to the muscles. A lack of iron can result in anemia, leading to fatigue, decreased endurance, and reduced performance.
- Red meat is a good source of B vitamins, including B12 and B6, which play vital roles in energy production and help keep you energetic and focused during training.
- Red meat contains high levels of zinc, a mineral that is essential for immune function and wound healing, which can help you stay healthy and recover quickly from injury.
All good reasons to add Roast Beef with Garlic Butter to your menu rotations!
Fresh Garlic: A Runner’s Ally
There are many reasons to add fresh garlic to your meal plans besides its delicious flavor, as it is an incredible food for runners.
Garlic is naturally anti-inflammatory and can help reduce muscle soreness after a run, speeding up recovery time and reducing the risk of injury. And, garlic contains antioxidants that can help protect the body from the oxidative stress that can occur during intense exercise.
Garlic also has immune-boosting properties to reduce your risk of illness and keep you feeling your best. A rich source of allicin, a compound that can improve cardiovascular health, and low-calorie food, you can easily add it to various dishes, adding flavor and health-boosting compounds without changing your macros, making this Roast Beef with Garlic Butter a treat to the palate as well as a healthy addition to your diet.Print
For the Roast Beef:
4 lbs. (1.8 kg) center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed & tied
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Garlic Butter:
6 tablespoons butter, softened
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves finely chopped
- Remove the beef tenderloin from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Mix the butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Slice the beef tenderloin in half, then trim and tie it up (or ask this to be done by the butcher)—season both sides of the roasting joint with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof pot over medium/high heat. Add the beef and sear until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Spread the herb butter over the top side of the beef, then place the entire pot into the oven. Roast the beef for 15-20 minutes, depending on how you like your meat.
- Remove the pot from the oven and place the beef onto a cutting board. Allow the meat to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve your Roast Beef with Garlic Butter with your favorite side dishes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 482 grams
- Fat: 41 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0 gram
- Fiber: 0 gram
- Protein: 27 grams
Keywords: beef tenderloin, butter, garlic cloves, recipe for runners, runner-friendly recipe
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Steve Carmichael is a running coach, sports performance coach, nutrition coach and has been a recreational runner for over 18 years. Steve holds multiple certifications as a certified running coach through the RRCA and USA Track and Field as well as he is a NASM certified personal trainer, and PN1-L1 certified nutrition coach.
Steve has been coaching since 2010 and has helped thousands of runners online and in the Central Ohio area maximize performance and run injury-free.