In today’s episode, my special guest is Scott Jenkins. Scott is 1/2 of the Jenko brothers, an extreme endurance athlete team that takes on extreme challenges to live life through adventure and raise money for charities.
- How Scott and his brother Rhys got started in endurance challenges.
- How Scott and his brother ran 2000 miles from Boston to Austin in only 75 days.
- The Death Valley Double and dealing with extreme heat and distances.
- Scott’s toughest challenge and how he overcome it.
- Scott’s mindset tips and how he overcomes thoughts of quitting when the going gets tough.
- The Jenko brothers latest challenge – Run across Iceland. 261 miles in 5 days. This challenge starts Monday, April 18th.
- The Jenko brothers next challenge. Rhys’s trip across the United States and the brother’s Death Valley quad. (4 trips across Death Valley)
- The craziest thing he ever saw on a run.
You can support Scott and Rhys, as well as support them as they take on challenges and support their charities by going to:
The fundraising page for Run Iceland is www.justgiving.com/runningforderrick
Have a great week!
Runner’s Toolkit – Get access to 30 days of free coaching tips by email and get your #1 running question personally answered by me, just for signing up. Plus get free access to our private Facebook community where other RunBuzz community members gather for support, camaraderie and general shenanigans.
Find out how you can support RunBuzz’s mission to bring quality running content (educational, inspirational, etc) to the running community. Did you know it takes approximately 8-10 hours of work to research, record, edit and release each podcast episode? Help support us in our mission to make every runner regardless of age, size and ability a better runner. Your support helps keep future RunBuzz podcast episodes ad-free and new episodes coming.