What you think about health and wellness can have a profound impact to how you feel and perform. Today, I welcome Stacey Lobdell, my very own health and wellness coach. Stacey and I discuss how you can improve your running, your mindset and your life by making small changes in your routine when it comes to diet, exercise, stress and sleep. We’ll dig into what is working for me and how you can apply these changes to your own life.
- We discuss what a health coach does and why having a health coach is important.
- Why I sought out a health and wellness coach and how it is transforming my life.
- Why the victim mindset is dangerous and how to prevent/overcome it.
- How I quickly fell into fatigue, weight gain, mental fog after getting an injury.
- Symptoms of insulin resistance and how I turned my health around.
- Why perfection is not necessary to see results.
- Progress Not Perfection Model.
- The real story behind metabolism and why exercise should not be your first action to fix it.
- How to feel better and how high glycemic carbohydrates/sugars and processed foods impact your energy levels, contributes to fatigue, and leads to hunger pains and over eating.
- Why nutrient density is important and how to reduce hunger / cravings.
- How to eat like logs and not like paper ;-)
- Why eating low glycemic foods help control hunger cravings and how it makes you feel better mentally, emotionally and more.
- Why eating healthy is NOT expensive.
- Cost vs. Benefits – Why eating unhealthy will cost you more over your lifetime.
- How to eat healthy when you have a reluctant spouse or family and how you can get your family on board.
- How to ‘break through’ and take the first step to improving your health when you fear failure or are lacking commitment.
Until next time, Happy Running!
Stacey’s contact information:
Email: stacy [dot] infinitewellness.com (formatted this way to avoid spammers)
Facebook: Infinite Wellness
Runner’s Toolkit – Get access to 30 days of free coaching tips by email and get your #1 running question personally answered by me, just for signing up. Plus get free access to our private Facebook community where other RunBuzz community members gather for support, camaraderie and general shenanigans.
Find out how you can support RunBuzz’s mission to bring quality running content (educational, inspirational, etc) to the running community. Did you know it takes approximately 8-10 hours of work to research, record, edit and release each podcast episode? Help support us in our mission to make every runner regardless of age, size and ability a better runner. Your support helps keep future RunBuzz podcast episodes ad-free and new episodes coming.