In this episode, I speak with Michelle Wolfer. Michelle is a 16 time marathoner, high school track coach, middle schools cross country coach. She shares her running and coaching journey as well as her battle with Stage 3, triple negative breast cancer.
In this episode she also shares her running tips, her story and her inspiration with the RunBuzz community.
UPDATE: I am sad to report that Michelle passed away Monday, January 23rd, 2017 approximately 7 months after this recording. The entire RunBuzz Community is saddened by the news, and we wish Michelle’s family peace, prayers and comfort in knowing what an inspiration Michelle had on the running community. She will never be forgotten.
- Michelle’s background as a middle school cross country coach and high school track coach
- The Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati
- How her high school coached hooked her on the marathon and distance running
- Her favorite workout for track and cross country
- Her battle with Stage 3, triple negative breast cancer and how running has helped her fight it
- How Michelle’s attitude is helping her fight cancer and help inspire others.
- Her favorite running moments
Have a great week!
Runner’s Toolkit – Get access to 30 days of free coaching tips by email and get your #1 running question personally answered by me, just for signing up. Plus get free access to our private Facebook community where other RunBuzz community members gather for support, camaraderie and general shenanigans.
Find out how you can support RunBuzz’s mission to bring quality running content (educational, inspirational, etc) to the running community. Did you know it takes approximately 8-10 hours of work to research, record, edit and release each podcast episode? Help support us in our mission to make every runner regardless of age, size and ability a better runner. Your support helps keep future RunBuzz podcast episodes ad-free and new episodes coming.