In today’s episode, I welcome Dacia Root, a health and fitness blogger at My Roots To Grow who has an amazing story of transformation and weight loss success.
Dacia has been writing about her journey to get active and in shape since 2011. She is a runner, newly vegan, and has lost over 130lbs to date. She hopes to inspire others through her writing, covering topics that include her own path to health and fitness.
In this episode:
- How Dacia lost 130 lbs by changing her mindset, lifestyle habits, and attitude toward living a previously sedentary lifestyle
- How she started running, only to stop a week later frustrated and unsure of what to do next.
- How adopting lower impact exercises and reaching a healthier weight allowed her to successfully return to running after a difficult start.
- How blogging and writing led to better accountability, increased, motivation, and greater self-confidence for Dacia.
- How she learned health basics from Weight Watchers but then adapted her own way of healthy eating.
- The key factors that helped her change her habits and successfully lose weight.
- How the What You Can, When You Can movement (#wycwyc) changed Dacia’s attitude and approach to healthy living.
- How experimenting with food and tracking feelings about food and meals led her to adopt a Vegan lifestyle.
- What her typical training week ooks like.
- Dacia’s final parting advice for runners.
More from Dacia:
Runner’s Toolkit – Get access to 30 days of free coaching tips by email and get your #1 running question personally answered by me, just for signing up. Plus get free access to our private Facebook community where other RunBuzz community members gather for support, camaraderie and general shenanigans.
Find out how you can support RunBuzz’s mission to bring quality running content (educational, inspirational, etc) to the running community. Did you know it takes approximately 8-10 hours of work to research, record, edit and release each podcast episode? Help support us in our mission to make every runner regardless of age, size and ability a better runner. Your support helps keep future RunBuzz podcast episodes ad-free and new episodes coming.