Today’s guest is Daren Wendell from activewater.org. So far, Daren has completed some amazing feats of endurance, including:
- Biking 4400 miles across the United States
- Hiking the Appalachian Trail
- Walking 3400 miles cross country
- Swimming 50.6 miles non-stop across Lake Michigan
- Completing Ironman – Louisville and numerous half and full marathons.
However, this January, Daren is preparing to take on his biggest challenge to date – running 100 marathons in 100 days!
Earlier this month, I found out about Daren’s journey and instantly knew I had to have him on the show.
Daren isn’t doing this for himself – he’s raising money for activewater.org to help provide clean, safe drinking water throughout the world. So sit back, enjoy, and learn about what it takes to train for and put on such an amazing an event like this.
Make sure to hang around until the end to find out how you can help Daren with his mission. Also, be sure to check out his website – he might even be running through your town
In this episode:
- How Daren got started running
- How Active Water helps athletes build a platform to help raise money.
- Daren’s approach to training.
- What a typical training week looks like for Daren.
- Why sleep is important
- Some of Daren’s previous endurance events.
- Daren’s goal of getting others involved and participating in his cause.
- What it takes to put together a support team.
Daren’s team is looking for an RV. If you can help, please contact him.
More from Daren:
Additional Running Resources
Runner’s Toolkit – Get access to 30 days of free coaching tips by email and get your #1 running question personally answered by me, just for signing up. Plus get free access to our private Facebook community where other RunBuzz community members gather for support, camaraderie and general shenanigans.
Find out how you can support RunBuzz’s mission to bring quality running content (educational, inspirational, etc) to the running community. Did you know it takes approximately 8-10 hours of work to research, record, edit and release each podcast episode? Help support us in our mission to make every runner regardless of age, size and ability a better runner. Your support helps keep future RunBuzz podcast episodes ad-free and new episodes coming.